During the last Parliament, Helen had one of the highest voting attendances of any MP.
Helen attended 92% of votes in 2009/10, compared to the average for MPs of just (66%), and since being elected in 2005, her voting attendance has been:
- 2008/09: 89.9% attendence, average MPs attendence was 63.1%
- 2007/08: 94.7% attendence, MPs average was 69.3%
- 2006/07: 86.0%, MPs average was 64.4%
- 2005/06: 92.4%, MPs average of 72.0%
Helen has also voted in favour of Bills to:
• Reform the banking system (e.g. The 2010 Financial Services Bill),
• Reduce Child Poverty (the 2010 Child Poverty Act),
• Combat Climate Change (e.g. the 2007 Climate Change Act),
• Make the House of Lords an elected chamber,
• Increase support for international development (e.g. the Debt Relief [Developing Countries] Bill),
• Improve Animal Welfare (e.g. 2006 Animal Welfare Act).
You can see a full list of Helen’s voting record here